Saturday, October 25, 2014

Moment to Moment.

It's the key to truthful acting, truthful relationships, and the only way to notice the small and wonderful things. Living moment to moment. I've been here long enough to feel settled. I started out counting the days, weeks that I had been here. I'm at the point where I could begin counting the days, weeks that I have left here. But I won't. Because now is when all the living happens. Now is when the newness has worn off and I see things in their realistic light. The pros? I'm starting to build relationships and find habitual comforts. The cons? It's easy to let it all pass me by like a semi on the freeway. Time is a gruesome friend. You can't have newness without fear or oldness without apathy. The only anecdote and way to catch all the goodness around you is to live step by step. breath to breath. word to word. moment to moment. Here are some moments from this week that I'm storing in my soul-food box:


 On a whim, I was asked by a faculty member if I wanted to dance in a re-staging of a site-specific piece commemorating the poet Dylan Thomas. We were asked to perform the piece a second time in Warrington at an arts festival. We opened for the dance company 12 Degrees North. It was such an incredible privilege to share the stage with these individuals and others. It was my first "modern dance" performance and it's something I'll cherish forever. 


 Spending a whole day on Bold Street with Misbah and Brooke. Vintage coats and mugs on the shopping list. 

Bakchich Lebanese Street Food. Bold St, Liverpool. 


Walks on Ruff Lane from Ormskirk to Edge Hill.
The leaves are changing, the air is cool, and the sights are ever-charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment