Monday, October 20, 2014

L O N D O N

I'm still trying to process everything that happened these past three days. It was a whirlwind of an adventure and I walked away with a love of this wonderful city. Brooke, Mesa, and I (go OCU!) caught the 2 am bus from Liverpool to London on Wednesday. We hit the ground running as soon as we arrived and didn't stop until we returned to Ormskirk at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning(...we were all a bit grumpy, stinky, and ready for a free toilet by this point).
Here's just a few pictures and snapshots from this blessed adventure!  

Walked in the footsteps of some pretty memorable dudes!

For 12 pounds, I stood in the stalls and watched The Royal Ballet perform Manon (Marianela Nunez in the title role!) at the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden. I cried after the first pas de deux, clapped until my hands were red during curtain call, and I didn't mind the standing AT ALL. I am immensely grateful to have experienced this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.


Finally got my specialty coffee fix at Kaffeine.
Americano and made-in-house almond milk. 


Stopped by for tea with the Queeney.(Just kidding...but the flag did indicate that she was home!)


Changing of the Guard. Way too crowded, but still special! Things Lonely Planet doesn't tell you:
1. The guards wear boots with little taps on them so that they click everywhere they go.
2. The band plays at each ceremony. Songs include: traditional military marching songs and..."We are the Champions".
3. The Beefeater hats are even more ridiculously awesome in person.


Shakespeare's Globe Theatre!(Well...the recreation of the original) Thatched roofs and fire don't mix very well. 


Taking in a Degas at the National Gallery. I definitely regret not spending more time here!

Official Masters of the Tube.

Until next time, London! <3



































No comments:

Post a Comment